NORTH FULTON, Ga. — Ivy Bridge Academy won multiple categories at this year’s National Speech and Debate Tournament, held in Birmingham from June 18-23.
Annan Biswas and Omer Mujawar finished second overall from Autrey Mill Middle School. Brian Shon, a rising ninth grader at Alpharetta High School, won first place in the Individual Speaker round for Public Forum Debate. Autrey Mill Middle School received the School of Excellence Award for Speech and Debate.
Other winners from local schools include:
- Annan Biswas and Omer Mujawar finished second overall from Autrey Mill Middle School
- Brian Shon and Linjay Zeng finished fifth from Webb Bridge Middle School
- Rishi Gowda and Mayukh Keelar finished 10th from Autrey Mill Middle School
- Vinayak Menan and Bobby Missell finished 11th from Riverwatch Middle School
- Sri Pinnamareddy and Jonas Du finished 21st from Riverwatch Middle School
- Individual speaker awards include:
- Brian Shon finished first from Webb Bridge Middle School
- Sri Pinnamereddy finished sixth from Riverwatch Middle School