JOHNS CREEK, Ga. — Dolvin Elemntary PTA will host John Trautwein, co-founder of Johns Creek-based Will to Live Foundation, May 21 at 6 p.m. at the school.
Trautwein will tell the story about losing his son, Will, to suicide in 2010, and what he learned as a grieving parent who was unaware of the issues that faced his child and still burden millions of kids today.
Trautwein gives his 13 reasons why you should attend:
- You love your child.
- It is a positive and inspirational message of love and hope.
- It is real and happening in your community.
- To become Aware and then raise Awareness.
- To become Educated and then Educate.
- To find Hope and deliver Hope.
- To open lines of communication between you and your child.
- Every 2 hours a teenager takes his or her life in America.
- 90% of all suicides are the result of some form of depression or other diagnosable mental disorder.
- Four out of Five teens who attempt suicide have given clear warning signs.
- To hear how hard it is being a child/teenager today in a world of social media.
- To learn the importance of life teammates.
- You love your child (yes, it is also No. 1).